The game call has been used for many years. It can mimic animal sounds and attract the prey to the hunter easily. Mostly, these are simple devices and used to attract animals. There are different qualities of hunting game calls found in the store.
But if you buy a low-quality game call, then it will also create low-quality sound. So, it will not give you the same result as better quality hunting calls. So, select a perfect game call is also important for a successful hunting adventure. Most of the time, your hunting’s success depends not only on your hunting skills but also on a game call.
This article will guide you to know – what are the different types of game calls for hunting. I hope that you will enjoy it.
How Does Hunting Call Work?
However, there are varieties of hunting calls available for different types of species. But many call for different species to work similarly. The sound generating capability can be adaptable and adjusted to mimic many species. So, sometimes one specific hunting game call can work for another species, from duck calls to turkey calls, etc.
What are the Different Types of Game Calls for Hunting?
Different types of hunting games require different types of game calls. As these game calls have been used to grab the attention of your target animals. For successful hunting, it is essential to choose the right game call to attract the prey. Game calls can imitate and create various types of sounds. In this section, we will see several types of hunting game calls.
- Position Calls – These calls help to indicate the position and also make the game easy. These game calls will notify the rest of the clan members of a turkey or elk group.
- Aggression Calls – Elk hunters mostly use these. They can imitate the sound of two rutting bucks fighting.
- Mating Calls – These can imitate the mating activity and feature gobbler call, white or blacktail deer.
- Electronic Game Calls – If you are a beginner in the hunting world, it is a good choice. Besides, it can produce a wide range of sounds. But it has some drawbacks, as it comes with an expensive price range and difficult to carry. So, mobility is limited. Also, it can run out of battery quickly.
- Hand-held Game Calls – These are some of the most affordable hunting game calls. Besides, they are very easy to carry and use. Mostly, they are made from plastic or wood. However, the hand-crafted ones are superior to plastic game calls as they give accurate tone and better resonance.
- Closed-reed Calls – These types of calls are easy to operate and master. They are perfect for novice hunters. These calls can perfectly mimic the rabbit’s sound.
- Open-reed Hand-held Calls – These callers are not suitable for the new hunters. As they need more practice to use. But once you have mastered it, then you can easily produce different types of sounds. Open-reed calls can control easily as the reed has been exposed, and you can create various sounds with your lips or tongue. You can also vary the volume and efficiently mimic various types of game sounds, such as bird, rabbit, deer, fawn, etc.
- Mouth Calls – Mouth calls are reed. They can imitate the sound to excite the target species. To attract the deer, turkey, or elk, it can create the sound of female calling. For coyote hunting, they also have used and created an injured bird or rabbit’s sound. They can take in the mouth or tube. They are also known as diaphragm calls.
- Predator calls – Predators are the smartest animals, and they are very simple to operate to call the predators. For better sound quality, try to use an external speaker.
- Box calls – If you want a better call for turkey hunting, you can easily use the box calls. But the varieties depend on your skill and expertise level.
How to Choose a Perfect Game Call?
After knowing all the names, now it is your turn to select a perfect game call. But remember, there are many factors to consider while choosing a suitable game call for hunting.
- Product Quality
Over to You
Going through the entire article, you will get to know about the different types of game calls. We hope you have just enjoyed it to grab new information about these game calls. So, pick up your perfect one based on your type of prey and function.