We have already introduced various types of mechanical broadheads for both crossbows and compound bows. You can check our other articles on this topic. It is high time we review some commonly used and highly recommended best fixed blade broadhead for crossbow. If you are a regular hunter, you must have already known about the legality issues of using mechanical and expanded blade broadheads. They opened suddenly in contact with the impact and provided a great shock to other nearby animals. That is why it is positively forbidden in some states of America. But there are no such issues with the fixed blade broadheads. Many professional hunters often state that if you want your prey stuck on the arrow, get yourself a fixed blade broadhead. Sometimes the confusion that comes to your mind is the difference between mechanical and fixed blade broadheads.
- Best Fixed Blade Broadhead for Crossbow Reviews
- 1. Muzzy Bowhunting 3 Blade Archery Arrow Broadhead
- 2. OTW Hunting Broadheads
- 3. Drone broadhead by Wasp Archery
- 4. Huntingdon 12 pack three fixed blade archery broadheads
- 5. JIANZD Archery Broadheads
- 6. New Archery Products Thunderhead Fixed- Blade Broadheads
- 7. Magnus Bullhead Turkey fixed blade broadheads.
- How to choose the Best Fixed Blade Broadhead for Crossbow?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Do fixed blade broadheads fly like field points?
- What is the best fixed blade broadhead for elk?
- Are fixed blade or mechanical broadheads better?
- What size of fixed blade broadheads do I need?
- When would I use fixed blade broadheads?
- How to sharpen mixed blade broadheads?
- What is the diameter of the fixed blade broadhead arrow tip?
- How far can you shoot a fixed blade broadhead?
- What quiver for fixed-blade broadhead?
- Final verdict
Best Fixed Blade Broadhead for Crossbow Reviews
1. Muzzy Bowhunting 3 Blade Archery Arrow Broadhead
According to the new hunters, the muzzy archery arrow broadhead is one of the cheap fixed blade broadheads. It is a proud band producing these premium quality broadheads in the USA.
The company started in 1984, and there was no turning back from that point of fame in the hunting arena. Here are some best features of this broadhead.
Why is the muzzy broadhead the most accurate fixed blade broadhead? Well, it is easy to answer. This 100-grain broadhead has three razor-sharp blades.
For variability in function, this broadhead is also available in 75 and 125 grain. All the blades are made using stainless steel in the USA.
Though there are three sharp blades on the broadhead, it is the tip that comes in contact with the impact first. For best penetration, the model features a hollow- ground design hardened steel trocar tip. No matter how far you are while shooting, you will always get a deep wound shot.
The three 0.020 inches thick blade can make a cutting diameter 0f 1-31/6 inches wound on the prey.
With six broadheads in each purchase, muzzy can be the best flying fixed blade broadhead for you. It is a perfect combination of sharp blades, trocar tip, and anodized aluminum ferrule.
- It is qualified to provide maximum perkiness for bone-crushing penetration.
- Trocar tip helps to enhance flight stability.
- Six broadheads in one purchase save the unnecessary expenditure of money for the many upcoming hunts.
- Trocar 100 grain works for both crossbow and compound bow interchangeably.
- The three razor-sharp blades can easily be sharpened.
- The model needs to be assembled after purchase.
- Some customers complained that the trocar tip does not screw down to the frame.
2. OTW Hunting Broadheads
Many of us might have hunted big deer with OTW broadheads. At the same time, for dealing with a large target like deer, doe, etc. OTW has the best 100 grain fixed blade broadhead. If you are curious to know the reason, let’s explore some unique features of this broadhead.
There are three stainless steel blades around the steel ferrule on this model. The first and second black blades come with a thickness of 0.02 inches and 0.03 inches, respectively. Each of them is of 100-grain weight.
With a 0.15 inch thread, the broadhead can fit an arrow of any length. So, it provides the opportunity for a hassle-free hunting and shooting competition.
When you are running after an elk for hunting, it is a bit tricky to maintain personal safety. Cuts and wounds are commonly visible on hands. Not need to be tensed anymore. All six broadheads are parceled in a beautiful and sturdy carry box.
- It helps to maintain field-point accuracy.
- Sharp blades have excellent penetrability.
- Easy to carry in the hunt for a sturdy portable box.
- The large wound channel creates a substantial blood trail.
- Two different blade-style allows the hunter to meet a variety of shooting posture.
- The metal tip might break off while hitting rigid structures.
- The blades are loose on the broadhead for e perfect flight and intact.
3. Drone broadhead by Wasp Archery
Do not get confused by the name. The brand does not feature drones in the complete package. Jokes apart! Keeping everything aside, we can assure you that this broadhead by wasp archery will be your best fixed blade broadhead for deer hunting.
Some beneficial features for accurate hunting are mention.
Best aerodynamic design
Though the broadhead blades do not have a real cut-on-contact design, the edge’s perfect line up compared to the pressed tip provides cut-on-contact killing. The pointed and sharp stainless steel is crammed with a great force of hundreds of pounds.
There are three broadheads in each package. The brand provides extra two sharp blades to carry on with your hunt in the upcoming two to three seasons.
But for the assembly of the product, there is only a one-piece steel ferrule. The .027 inch thick blade is perfectly ground and honed for a lethal shot.
Devastating wound creation
The stainless steel trocar tip is quite useful to make a cutting diameter of 1-1/8 inches. The trocar tip is undoubtedly hardened to Rockwell 46C for the best shot.
- The pressed tip allows no unnecessary lateral movement during flight.
- The blades can be replaced, and the replacement blades come with the package.
- Solid steel ferrule ensures reduced surface area for strength and accurate penetration.
- Suitable to shot out of 50 yards or more range.
- Easy to install.
- The blades are too tight on the broadhead to get them replaced.
- A bit expensive for extra replacement inclusion.
4. Huntingdon 12 pack three fixed blade archery broadheads
Are you searching for the best fixed blade broadhead for elk? Huntingdoor broadheads have the most extraordinary penetration capability that can bring any large animals down to the earth. Let’s see that made its blades so razor-sharp.
Perfect measurement and package
The broadhead was made for both the newbie hunters and shooters. The broadhead is 7.2 cm or 2.8 inches long. There are three 0.4mm thick sharp blades of 125 grain in each of the 12 broadheads in the package.
It is a plus point that users can install this broadhead in an arrow-like- carbon arrows, fiberglass arrow, and aluminum arrow because of the screw-in thread design. Now, you can get rid of the pain of changing broadheads according to the arrow type.
Huntingdoor hunting broadheads play an essential role in ensuring a wonderful outdoor hunting experience. 2.74 cm wound diameter is lethal for even large and robust game.
- The blades are designed to serve the heavy-duty work.
- An accurate shot reduces the pain of the prey.
- Highly compatible for both crossbow and compound bow.
- It is featured with outstanding precision and sharp precision power.
- Sweptwing blades are suitable for superior flight.
- There might be some weight discrepancy in the broadheads.
- The front tip of the blade might not be adequately locked in its place.
5. JIANZD Archery Broadheads
If you want to make your hunting experience more like an adventure, check out the broadheads from JIANZD archery. It is made with the most accurate professional measurements for the most exciting shooting competition.
Some eye-catching features of this broadhead are mentioned below.
The material of the broadhead
Are you searching for broadheads made of sturdy material? Then this broadhead is highly recommended for you. It is made of 100% steel for a challenging layout. So, no more lousy hunting days due to broken blades.
Unique design technology
Three sharp blades are providing diamond-cut sharpness to get a cut-on-contact result with this broadhead. Each of the edges weighs about 100 grains.
The broadheads undergo the spin test, deployment test, strength, and sharpness test to avoid the field level’s efficiency drop.
If you still face a problem with the penetration capacity, flight, or installation of the broadhead, you can seek their after-sale service from the brand homepage.
- Blades are easily sharpened after becoming blunt.
- The broadhead helps to create a wound diameter of 1 inch to 1 1/8 inch.
- No need to assemble.
- It is meant for a crossbow, recurve bow and compound bow.
- Hunters can get a 35 yard shot with this broadhead.
- Too small for a standard-sized arrow.
- The tip of the broadhead might wobble during flight.
No products found.
6. New Archery Products Thunderhead Fixed- Blade Broadheads
Are you on a tight budget? Do you still want a sharp blade broadhead that is true to fly? Then new archery fixed blade broadhead is specially made for you. Let’s find out why you should check this product at least once before buying any broadhead.
There is no exception in the number of blades from the other models of the broadhead. The three 0.027 inch thick sharp edges are made of premium quality venter stainless steel. So, a single blade lasts for a long time.
Blade retention system
It is annoying if the blade comes off during the flight in a nerve ranching shot. This broadhead model of new archery included a patented lock ring pattern and an O-ring retention system to avoid unfavorable occurrences. Nothing to worry about now!
Hunters and shooters mainly prefer fixed blade broadhead for their excellent penetration capacity. The hardened carbon steel trophy tip gives the cut-on-impact after the shot.
- Ideal for use with carbon arrows.
- The low-drag patterned ferrule increases the power of penetration.
- A perfect blade retention system helps to ensure the blade alignment and secure the mounting.
- The blades are surgically sharp and replaceable.
- A Broadhead wrench is provided in the pack, so it lessens extra expenditure.
- A bit tricky to assemble.
- The broadhead tends to drift a bit like 2-3 inches in 30 yards.
7. Magnus Bullhead Turkey fixed blade broadheads.
Magnus fixed blade broadhead is the best shooting fixed blade broadhead. If you have ever been on any turkey hunt, then you surely know how tricky it is to hunt a tom. You must have high accuracy shot to deal with the pace of these gobblers.
Why is Magnus fixed blade broad good for turkey hunting?
The three stainless steel blades with 0.048 inches thickness can pierce the head and neck of the game. The wound channel is deep to bring the game to the ground.
Lethal wound creation
Each of the 100 grain sharp blades spins with maximum velocity, and hits the target, maintains the shot line. So, an expanded wound of 2 to 3/4 inches is visible on the impact.
But if you are using 125 gain broadhead that comes three in the pack, you can create a wide wound diameter of 3-3/4 inches.
Generally, three broadheads are provided in each purchase. Each of the broadheads has three sharp blades.
To lessen the users’ pressure to change the blunt blades and search for the replacement blade that compliments the broadhead, the brand added one extra replacement blades with the package.
- No need for a plastic shield for a good flight.
- Blades can be easily sharpened.
- Blades do not rust in damp weather.
- The broadhead is durable enough to bear sudden bumps with any hard object.
- Replacement blades are readily available in the pack.
- It cannot create a substantial blood trail.
- Some users complained that it did not fly straight.
How to choose the Best Fixed Blade Broadhead for Crossbow?
Blades of the broadhead hold prime importance. It is because you cannot kill a deer or an elk with a blunt blade. Generally, most of the broadheads pattern three razor-sharp blades made of stainless steel.
These blades are available in 100 grain, 125 grains, etc. Choose wisely based on the type of hunting. Some renowned brands of broadhead also feature replacement blades to minimize the effort of blades further.
Keep in mind all these blades should be easily re-sharpenable. The premium quality stainless steel prevents rusting.
The ferrule of the blade
There is no chance to overlook the importance of the ferrule. Some ferrules are made of aluminum, and some are made of carbon steel. The ferrule’s perfect material helps keep the broadhead in the proper path of flight and perfectly balances the overall weight.
If you are a regular hunter, you might be familiar with the broadhead types by now. So, the selection of a broadhead depends on the prey you are targeting. You can select a fixed blade broadhead for a deeper wound channel. But the wound diameter might be a bit less than you wanted.
In those cases, you can check out the best flying mechanical broadhead. But do not forget to check out the legal issues regarding these broadheads before application. You do not want to be fined, do you?
Tip of the broadhead
Initially, the tip of the broadhead comes in contact with the impact. And then the blades lead the penetration process. So, the end of the broadhead must be pointed. It also helps to ensure the proper spinning of the arrowhead during the flight.
Typically fixed blade broadheads have an excellent penetration capacity. The more the area of penetration, the more difficulty the prey will face during locomotion.
More blood trails then accelerate the death of the prey.
For a flying object, it is essential to maintain the weight to follow the trajectory. It also helps to overcome the air resistance and hit the most targeted point of the prey.
So check out the overall weight of the broadhead after installing it on the arrow. Well, it can only be done after the product is shipped in case of online shopping.
Check out the brand website.
Sometimes there is less information about the product on the commercial website. So, visit the official page of the brand on Facebook or simply google out the product details.
Follow the customers’ reviews and ratings.
Most of the users share their experiences about the products on commercial websites like Amazon. So, you can quickly scroll down the reviews while buying. It would be best if you always remember there are many misleading paid reviews on these sites.
Try to consider mainly the reviews with the verified purchase mark.
Sometimes it is difficult to get the desired product in your budget. But do not get frustrated. You can go for something cheaper with useful features. But if you want a premium quality good, then you might have to spend some extra bucks.
The brand often gives a warranty for developing the trust of the users on the brand. If you face any problem within the warranty period, you can change the product. You can ask for father deeds from the manufacturers on the product homepage or through the mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do fixed blade broadheads fly like field points?
Yes! Fixed blade broadheads will fly like field points if you can tune your blow accordingly. A friendly reminder, the properly adjusts bow head will appear just a bit tad out of the tuned end.
What is the best fixed blade broadhead for elk?
You can check out the Huntingdoor 12 pack three fixed blade archery broadhead for bagging an elk. It is a combination of sharpness, accuracy, and smooth flight in terms of work.
Are fixed blade or mechanical broadheads better?
Both of the broadheads have two different specifications. Fixed blades have tremendous penetration and a deeper wound channel. But the mechanical broadheads ensure the most comprehensive wound channel with substantial blood trails.
What size of fixed blade broadheads do I need?
For a large and stout game, 123 grains broadhead can work with efficiency. You can choose any 100 grains broadheads for small and medium-sized animals.
When would I use fixed blade broadheads?
Generally, if you want to create a deep wound channel, you can go with the fixed blade broadhead. In many states of America, mechanical blades are not allowed. At that time, you can select a fixed blade for the upcoming shooting competition or hunt.
How to sharpen mixed blade broadheads?
There are many sharpening tools for the blades of the broadhead. You can order them from any online store or the nearby tool shop in your locality.
What is the diameter of the fixed blade broadhead arrow tip?
A broadhead with less than 11/2 inch tip diameter renders excellent penetration power and accuracy in the bow hunters’ flight.
How far can you shoot a fixed blade broadhead?
In typical cases, you can shot the target in 40-50 yards with the broadheads. But there is some exceptional fixed blade broadhead that provides the best shot in a vast field of 65 yards.
What quiver for fixed-blade broadhead?
The fixed blade broadhead can be used with any of the permanent and detachable compound bow quivers easily.
You might only get a single shot to bring down the prey while hunting. A missed shot alerts the target and other nearby animals. So, the arrow’s flight must be smooth; the strength of hitting the prey must be accurate. Only then can you achieve your goal.
All the above mentioned best fixed blade broadhead for crossbow were picked after considerable research. Among all the broadheads, muzzy Bowhunting 3 blade archery arrow broadhead hot the first place based on the editor’s choice.
New archery products thunderhead fixed blade broadhead is the best budget buy. Are you searching for the best design on the broadhead? Then go for the JIANDZ archery broadhead. In the end, it acts as a great striker.
We hope that this article will be helpful to you. We are eager to know your decision and experiences with these broadheads.
Last update on 2022-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API